Photos from freedigitalphotos.net
First What Is Olive Oil And Why Is It So Great?
Olive Oil is oil from an Olive, OK so that was pretty self explanatory lol. Now Olive oil is great because it is full of nutrients and minerals, Olive oil has anti-oxidant properties and is said to be good for the heart as it can prevent heart disease. Olive Oil is rich in Vitamin E and K and has Omega 3 and 6,these vitamins and minerals are said to be good for the body, hair and nails. Another Great thing about Olive Oil is that it is affordable and widely available. Some people call Olive Oil the liquid gold, find out why below.
So What Are The Amazing Things You Can Do With Olive Oil?
1. You can use it as a hot oil treatment for hair, I usually slather olive oil on my hair and get under a heating cap for 30 minutes to an hour and then wash it out.. If you don't have a heated cap or hooded dryer you can leave it on over night and then rinse it out the next mourning.
2. You can mix it in with shampoo, If I find my shampoo is not moisturizing enough I usually add a few drops of olive oil.
3. You can use it as a deep conditioner for hair. I normally add olive oil to my deep conditioners for the same reason I add to some of my shampoos. I sometimes mix olive oil and one egg and use that as a deep conditioner for about two hours and then rinse out.
4. You can use it as a make up remover. If I run out of make up remover wipes and have stubborn make up on that wont come of with regular facial wash, then I wipe my face with olive oil first which removes all the make up and then I clean my face with facial wash.
5. You can use it as a body moisturiser. When I look back at when I was younger around 8-15 years old all I used to moisturise my body with was Olive Oil, Warning! Olive oil if overdone can make someone easily look like they dipped themselves inside of a frying pan, so don't be to generous when using olive oil.
6. You can use it as a leave in hair conditioner so you can have moisturised and shiny hair.
7. So you ran out of shaving gel, then use Olive oil it will provide great slip for the shaver/razor.
8. If you have dry skin, you can add a few drops of Olive Oil to your bath.
9. Following on from number 8, If you only take showers then you can add olive oil to your home-made exfoliator which I mentioned in my "How To Get Rid Of Dry Skin" post or you can add it to your store bought exfoliator.
10. You can massage with Olive Oil.
11. You can mix it with other ingredients to make a face mask, My homemade face-mask usually consists of olive oil mixed with egg and honey.
12. It can be used to help get rid of dandruff by loosening up the flakes stuck on the head and allowing a anti-dandruff product to do its work better and faster. You can use the hot oil treatment mentioned in number one.
13. You probably already know this but just in case you didn't, you can eat it. Olive oil is commonly eaten with salad. Funny enough out of all these amazing things this is the one I have yet to try.
14. It can be used as a light laxative
15. You can use it to soften ear wax
As you can see I am an Olive Oil Lover, I was pretty much brought up on doing most of these amazing things thanks to mum, I also learnt some of these amazing things I got from a small pink beauty book I had from when I was 8.
Have you tried any of these things or know more things that can be done with Olive Oil? Then let me know by commenting below.