Wednesday, 4 April 2012

How To Get Rid Of Dry Skin


                                                          photo from freedigitalphotos.net




I  had been suffering with dry skin for a long time until I finally said that‘s it no more. So these are the things I took to get rid of my dry skin.

First let me give you a little information on dry skin. Dry skin usually involves one or all of these symptoms:  itchy skin, scaly skin and cracks in skin, If there is lack of moisture in the skin it will begin to peel and crack which may cause irritation and inflammation.  

Common Causes

*Washing with harsh detergents, how do I know? well I noticed soap was my worst enemy when I started washing with a soap free body wash and my skin looked less dull and scaly. Soaps can be very drying to the skin because they take away natural oils from your skin, unless you’re a famer or constantly exercising and sweating you don’t need to use soap based products at least not every day, if you must then try using soap two times a week and in-between using a gentle cleanser or one without Sodium Laureth Sulfate.

* Washing too frequently caused my dry skin to flake more, try to limit showers/baths to once a day.

* Having long showers, I noticed the longer I spent in the shower the dryer my skin would be.

*Having super hot showers dried out my skin making me look like a prune. L

* Allergies, yep allergies can cause dry skin, I noticed that using some products my skin would be dryer and very itchy, the more I scratch my skin the more it gets dryer. So try changing your body products including body wash and cream and see if this helps.

More Advice

Drink more water, it is good for you not only for your body and hair but for overall health.   

Moisturise your skin whilst it is still damp, if you don’t know this already water is your real moisturiser  and you use body creams, lotions or ointments to seal in the water.  

Exfoliate, exfoliating really helps my skin, it not only makes it look less dry but it makes it brighter and less dull. We shed skin all the time some of us more than others . You can exfoliate buy either using a body brush or exfoliating cream or even both which I sometimes like to do. If you don’t want to go out and buy one you can use sugar or salt to exfoliate, all you need to do is scrub the salt/sugar on your body for a couple of minutes and then rinse off, you will instantly feel the difference when you do this. My skin is always super soft and bright when I do this.

Oils, adding oils to your moisturisers  can give your moisturiser a boost and that added oomph, one oil in particular is Glycerine which is a humectant that draws moisture from the air into your skin. It is affordable and it will give your moisturiser an added oomph,you can buy a 100ml bottle of glycerine for £1.

Eat a balanced diet so that you can get the vitamins and nutrients needed for healthy skin.

Exercise stimulates vitamins and nutrients to the skin

You can use Aqueous Cream for a few months like I did which really improved the extreme dryness I was experiencing a few years ago. I use it from time to time. Aqueous Cream is basically a product you can bath and cream with, It is a mild cleanser that wont strip away the natural oils from your body. 

Use products that are marketed towards sensitive skin or/and hypoallergenic products.

   
Did you find this useful or have have any other tips to add? Let me know by commenting below.

A.N.A

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love when my readers comment, so I try my best to respond to all questions. Please do not leave any offensive language such as swearing on this blog. Thank you for following,reading and commenting.

keep on buzzing for hair,beauty and fashion :)
Ana Queen Bee Xxx