Wednesday, 18 April 2012

John Frieda Straight Ahead Shampoo And Conditioner Review


I love to straighten my hair especially for special occasions, but the amount of effort that goes into transforming my unruly frizzy curly hair is quite frustrating. It usually takes me a good 4 hours to straighten my hair ,Yes 4 hours, I kid you not. I have a lot of hair which is really thick and for me to get the desired straightness I dream of, means investing 4 hours of my time. Clearly this amount of time is ridiculous, so I went on a look out for straightening shampoos and conditioners and I found the John Frieda Straight Ahead collection in my local drug store, it looked really interesting and promising, so I had to get it and see if it would save me some time and frustration.

 They Say:
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Ahead Daily Shampoo is perfect for all types of dry,frizz prone hair, it has unique straight-defining complex and it penetrates the hair whilst taming frizz for instantly salon-straight styling, It leaves the hair straight,shiny and smooth. This shampoo is gentle for everyday use and safe for color treated hair.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Ahead Conditioner aligns the hair for instantly easier salon straight styling, whilst nourishing, hydrating and softening the hair. Hair is left more shiny and silky. The conditioner acts as a humidity resistant barrier that helps the hair to remain smooth and straight from root to tip in any weather.

Ana Says:
This should be a curly/wavy/frizzy girls best friend, for when you want to straighten your hair. The shampoo and conditioner definitively stretched out my curls and made it look more uniformed which was a very nice surprise for me. My hair felt so soft and moisturised and actually stayed straighter for longer, the results I got using this along with my ceramic straightener was amazing. I saved about an hour of my straightening routine with the straight ahead line, yipeeee.

Overall:
If you regularly straighten your hair you might want to give this a try as it really does make my hair easier to manage and at the same time doesn't way my hair down at all . Another great thing I found about the straight ahead line is that even if I don't straighten my hair afterwards it still gives a nice boost to my curls.

The John Frieda Straight Ahead Shampoo and Conditioner 250ml each retails for £5.59, you can also get these in  travel sizes of 50ml for £1.99.



Have you tried this, or looking to try this? Let me know by commenting below. 

A.N.A

7 comments:

  1. I completely know what you mean. My hair used to take 4 hours to straighten... and it was insanely curly... Now that I have gotten older, and used a chemical, it has straightened out a lot... it is still incredibly curly, but nothing like it was. My hair literally looked like cork screws... Great post... def. going to tell my Mama 'bout it!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep she should try the John Frieda line because it is really good for frizzy and curly hair. their serums are great as well

      Delete
  2. I love John's stuff!
    Soo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ill keep a look out for this in the shops x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they sell John Frieda products in most places so it shouldn't be to hard to find.

      Delete
  4. I have tried SOOOO many different products over the years, and the Shielo Hydrate Shampoo and conditioner that has tamed my incredibly thick, frizzy hair. I've used everything from Its A 10, to Paul Mitchell. My hair would still be dry and a huge damaged mess. First time i used Shielo's Hydrate Shampoo, my hair dried straight and smooth, literally has not been this soft and healthy in years. GREAT BUY :) because 1 bottle lasts for so long since the products is so strong.

    ReplyDelete

I really love when my readers comment, so I try my best to respond to all questions. Please do not leave any offensive language such as swearing on this blog. Thank you for following,reading and commenting.

keep on buzzing for hair,beauty and fashion :)
Ana Queen Bee Xxx