Saturday, 14 April 2012

MAC Pink Nouveau Lipstick Review








MAC Pink Nouveau lipstick is a bright bubble gum pink lipstick, if your looking for a barbie lipstick this is for you. Pink Nouveau is a really pretty color but when I first tried it on, I have to say I hated it. I had never worn lipstick before let alone bright lipstick, so when I got Pink Nouveau it was a big shock and I thought I looked like a big lipped clown. Why I decided to buy the brightest neon lipstick out there for my first lipstick is beyond me, I would advice lipstick virgins to get a color more closer to your natural lips and then move on to brighter colors. Personally I wouldn't wear Pink Nouveau by itself but I would wear it with a lip-liner that tones it down so it looks more flattering on my pigmented lips and dark skin. 

My lips without lipstick
Alternative lighting for the picture at the top

As I find the Pink Nouveau lipstick a bit milky on my complexion, I normally wear it with a fuchsia lip pencil, see picture below. Don't you think this lip color would go so perfectly with the Nicki Minaj Pink Friday OPI nail polish that I mentioned in a previous post, click here to check it out.
Overall I think the color is really gorgeous but I personally feel the color would be more suited to those with lighter complexions. This lipstick is quite drying so I would advice wearing a lip balm before applying Pink Nouveau.

Mac Pink Nouveau retails for £13.50

Have you got this, or want to try this? Let me know below by commenting. 

A.N.A

38 comments:

  1. Love the Colour ,nice Lipstick!

    Lovely Greetings ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink! THanks for your comment btw. I'm following you now, follow back?

    xoxo
    KD

    http://kdtrendingtopics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is nice color ! I should try it soon :)
    BTW thanks for following darling , I am following you back.xoxo
    Minnie
    http://minnieonfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loveeeee those colors!

    http://shoploud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic color!:) Follow u back dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greate colour lips!:) i follow you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely color!
    Followed.

    Lia
    http://theperksofbeingagirlygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour!
    chloe-mia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the colour looks amazing on you. Great blog.

    xoxo
    http://www.qhuleque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely color,i want to buy a same one!!
    thefashionmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should, I think it would really compliment you.

      Delete
  11. Good taste and grace for the fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay i'm our 31st follower. U have a great blog i just had to follow you hun! Keep up the great work on here. :)
    Kami from brokefashionista11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello ...)
    I love this lipstick .. such a great color! ...
    thanks for following me!
    I follow you too ...
    happy days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for commenting and following :)

      Delete
  14. This color is amazing on you! On me, it is so bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the last pic I wore it with a dark pink lip-liner, maybe you should try that :)

      Delete
  15. Because of my skintone, I have been afraid of bright pink lipsticks specfically for the reason of it looking too milky and clown-like on my face. However, lip liners are great. You look so lovely, I love the boldness/brightness on your lips, it really suits you : ) I'm following you too! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I'm just recently getting comfortable with bright lipstick, if its to bright I always tone it down with a darker/deeper lip-liner, Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  16. Lovely colour! I have always wanted to pick it up, maybe soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would look really nice on you :)

      Delete
  17. That's a gorgeous color!
    http://simplyxglamorous.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I really love when my readers comment, so I try my best to respond to all questions. Please do not leave any offensive language such as swearing on this blog. Thank you for following,reading and commenting.

keep on buzzing for hair,beauty and fashion :)
Ana Queen Bee Xxx