Wednesday, 25 April 2012

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick Review



MAC have teamed up with Nicki Minaj again to give birth to the MAC Viva Glam Nicki lipstick. When I first heard about this lipstick I was super excited, I just couldn't wait for it to be released for sale, so I ended up pre-ordering this lipstick, just in case it would sell out as quickly as the Pink Friday lipstick did. The thing that I love the most about this lipstick is that all the money made from this lipstick goes to charity, not 10% not 50% but 100%, so not only are you getting a gorgeous lipstick but you're also donating to charity at the same time.  

       

         

Mac Viva Glam Nicki lipstick is a bright pink lipstick with yellow undertones, so if you dislike blue-toned pink lipsticks like me, you might want to give this lipstick a try. MAC Viva Glam Nicki has a satin finish which means it is semi matte, because of this it can feel a bit drying on the lips but if you wear a lip balm underneath you should be absolutely fine. This lipstick has a good amount shine to it, as you can see in the picture above, so I don't even need to wear lip-gloss over it. I usually wear lip-liner with this lipstick as it is a really bright neon pink but depending on how brave you are and/or what undertones you have, you could definitely pull this lipstick of by itself. 

MAC Viva Glam Nicki vs MAC Pink Nouveau


The MAC Viva Glam Nicki is a yellow based pink lipstick whereas MAC Pink Nouveau is a blue based lipstick, both lipstick have a satin finish which means they are semi-mate lipsticks. I personally feel that non-blue based lipsticks suit my warm undertones better, that's why I do prefer the Viva Glam Nicki over the the Pink Nouveau, however Viva Glam Nicki is a super bright neon pink so I do tend to wear this with a lip-liner that will tone it down.  

The Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick goes well with Nicki Minaj's nail polish line with OPI, click here to check out my review of the gorgeous nail polishes. 

Have you got this, or want to try this? Let me know by commenting below

A.N.A


50 comments:

  1. omg! I felt in love with this color! too beautiful! And I think it suits so good on u! Kisses dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice swatch! I'm thinking of starting lipstick swatches on my blog too. I'm gonna do a few Milani reds and see how my readers respond :) So I'm gonna be checking out your lipstick swatches regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is REAL pink! Love it <3! I've got "Gaga" but maybe I'm going to buy Nicki; looks great on you lips.

    XOXO and have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is, that's why I like it more than the Pink Nouveau. I wish I could try Gaga but I think it would be way to light and scary on my complexion.

      Delete
  4. Lipstick looks fab!

    http://lauralovesboutique.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous color!! the consistency looks great too :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my .. thought i don´t need Nicki ,but now i need! :))
    Great Post!
    Thank you for the nice Comment ,i´m happy about that<3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you pretty <3

    lovely lips

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I envy how you can pull that color off :) It's beautiful.

    On me it would look really weird though... since my skin is all yellow/greenish :b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would look good on you,I would just play around with different lip-liners. I have yellow undertones and it doesn't look as crazy as some other bright lipsticks.

      Delete
  9. nice! I love the color. Although Mac I don't really like Mac lipsticks....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour, so barbie pink. Looks so stunning on you.

    xoxo
    http://www.qhuleque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome review! I LOVE this color. I think I would actually give this a try! Great blog, so glad I came across it. I’ll definitely be back!

    XO Kelley
    http://www.keepsittingpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. your lips look amazing in this color

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely :)

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous colour!
    and I have to add I am so jealous of your amazing lips (without sounding like a creep)
    - Ordaining Serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thanks, Don't worry, you don't sound like a creep :)

      Delete
  15. i'm jealous.. i wasn't able to get one huhuhu! i'm in love with the color so pretty.. looks awesome on u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sucks, I am pretty sure there are other lipsticks that are similar to Nicki. When I find it, I will let you know. Thank You :)

      Delete
  16. Great review! I am in love with my Nicki Minaj Viva Glam!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have these two and love them both to pieces! Great post

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow your lips look perfect :o
    & the colour is gorgeous and looks really creamy.. my experience with mac lipsticks is that they are really dry... what's this one like?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You :)Yyeah this one does feel a bit dry but you can use a lip balm under and you should be fine.

      Delete
  19. nice opinion.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love ur recent posts on make up im really the worst when it comes to make up but i think im gna start experimenting a bit more

    www.fabulously-pink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE this shade of lipstick

    sobeautifulsosoulful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love pink lipsticks,viva glam Nicki is hands down my favorite pink for going out, great post

    ReplyDelete
  23. I got this lipstick too and I just love the color so much! It's so vibrant and neon!!!!
    CHECK OUT the post on my BLOG about it!!!
    MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. super pretty color ^^
    nice review ~

    mimoyoja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really love when my readers comment, so I try my best to respond to all questions. Please do not leave any offensive language such as swearing on this blog. Thank you for following,reading and commenting.

keep on buzzing for hair,beauty and fashion :)
Ana Queen Bee Xxx