Thursday, 19 April 2012

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara Review


I love mascara and its one of the most important things for me when it comes to make up. I love to enhance my eyes as much as I can, as I think its one of my best features. Out of all my make up items I own I am least faithful to mascara, I am always on the hunt for the best mascara that can help my thin, short and sparse eyelashes out. I have to admit I didn't even need a new mascara but I was wondering around my local drug store and came across Maybelline The Falsies mascara, I had to buy the mascara just because of the name, as I believed  it would give me the fake eyelash effect without ever having to apply false lashes.



They say
The Falsies Mascara delivers a false lash look; giving you a full set of voluminous, bold, fanned out lashes and the appearance of no gaps from any angle. The Pro-Keratin and Fibre enriched formula is designed to deliver immediate results, distributing volume and visible intensity to your lashes. The patented ‘Spoon’ shaped brush helps fan lashes out.The Falsies Mascara is designed to give the appearance of no gaps and spaces. In a wink lashes you didn't even know you had look visibly thickened!



Ana says
I have to say I have a hate/love relationship with this mascara. At first I hated it because when I applied the mascara to my eyelashes I got clumpy and messy lashes, but after several uses I got better at applying the brush. If you have bought this mascara and have the same problem I experienced, I suggest you swipe of the excess product of the brush and apply the mascara as quickly as you can because the mascara dries very fast. 


Eyelashes without mascara



Eyelashes with two coats of mascara


This mascara really does thicken your eyelashes as you can see from the pictures above and it only takes two layers of mascara. The Maybelline Falsies also lengthens a little bit but it doesn't make you look like you have false lashes on. one thing I don't like about this mascara is that it is almost near impossible to apply it to my bottom lashes as just one layer looks ridiculously clumpy on my lashes, this means I have to use a different mascara on my bottom lashes. If you have any suggestions on how to use this mascara on the bottom lashes then feel free to let me know. 

Overall
The Maybelline falsies mascara is really great if you want volume, it lengthens well and you can achieve a good look with just two coats. If you hate fast drying mascaras and like to take your time during application then this may not be for you because when it dries it is very difficult to comb through, however if you need a mascara that can hold a curl then this fast drying mascara is definitively for you. Oh I almost forgot to mention I got this mascara in the color black drama, I love that the color is super black, as I find a lot of mascaras that are suppose to be black are more of a gray black but not this one. 

See my Maybelline Falsies vs Maybelline Colossal Post here

Have you got this or want to try this? Then let me know by commenting below. 

A.N.A

6 comments:

  1. I have the same relationship when I wear this mascara, it just think it is o.k. My favorite mascara is Maybelline Lash Stiletto <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer Lash Stiletto as well, its much more easier to work with it, when I finish this I think I might get it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once bough a "false lash effect" mascara of Max Factor's and I hated that one. I found it very difficult to use the brush without messing my eyelids above the lashes for the brush is so huge and clumsy to handle. Since then I havent bought another one "false lash effect" product. Like more the traditional ones. Favourite would maybe be Max Factor's Masterpiece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I did a review on the volume express mascaras by Maybelline if you would like to check it out?

    http://luckybeauty07.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/i-have-all-3-of-maybelline-volume.html

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll try this one! I have yet to find a mascara that I just love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love mascara.I can't live without it

    ReplyDelete

I really love when my readers comment, so I try my best to respond to all questions. Please do not leave any offensive language such as swearing on this blog. Thank you for following,reading and commenting.

keep on buzzing for hair,beauty and fashion :)
Ana Queen Bee Xxx