Monday, 18 June 2012

MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick Review


I have always admired red lipstick on a women, I love how it can make a woman dangerously sexy, charmingly classy or just stand out from the crowd. But when a woman wears the wrong shade of red lipstick, it can just look totally outrageous, ridiculously tacky or just plain clownish, which is why I have always avoided wearing red lipstick up until I found MAC Ruby Woo.   



MAC Ruby Woo is a classic retro red with blue undertones, I have seen this lipstick on a variety of skin tones and it seems to suit the palest of skin tones to the darkest, Ruby Woo is a lipstick colour that does not discriminate lol, which is why I had to get it. 

The Pros
  • Ruby Woo is very matte, you can't get a lipstick more matte than this, The texture of Ruby Woo makes it a very long-lasting lipstick. 
  • Ruby Woo suits a variety of skin tones 
  • It is a very pigmented lipstick, you only need one or two coats. 
The Cons
  • It is very drying due to it's matte texture.
  • Wearing a lip balm under is a must.
  • Whenever I wear this lipstick I have to exfoliate my lips or my lips will look very cracky.
  • Ruby Woo has no shine or sheen.  
Overall
If you are having trouble finding a red lipstick then I would recommend you try MAC's Ruby Woo, it is a gorgeous classic red, but definitely one to avoid if you suffer from really dry lips. Mac Rubby Woo retails for £13.50 

Have you got this, or want to try this? Let me know by commenting below.


A.N.A
Facebook|Twitter|Youtube 

48 comments:

  1. beautiful! I have ruby woo but i prefer my russian red :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I looked good with red lipstick. Very nice color on you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shade of the ruby woo ! :) Have one a little same type of red which is loreal's =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Gorgeous red, thanks Amethyst :)

      Delete
  4. I think this is really great to give reviews on make-up. Your blog is truly going to help me when I need make-up one on one. haha
    xoxo asiahlynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh, that really means a lot to me, Thanks hun ;)

      Delete
  5. Looks beautiful on you. I love ruby woo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to find a nice lipstick that is not too shiny, and great for different occasions (casual, wear to work, going out, etc.), so I'll have to look into this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately, I think you just described Ruby Woo, Thanks Hun :)

      Delete
  7. That color is HOT! You can follow the Summer Beauty Hangout on Google + https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/114994785539175002224/#114994785539175002224/posts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to try this one and MAC's russian red too! My favourite red at this time is Revlon In the Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im trying to save on make up , so I think I'm going to give Revlon in the Red a try, Funny you say that because MAC's Russian Red is on my wish list, thanks Naomi :)

      Delete
  9. really like it dear!!
    thanks for your comment and follow you on google friends connect!!
    xoxo=)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the color...
    Enter my blog anniversary giveaway here http://lifeandstylefjay.blogspot.com/2012/06/anniversary-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi...this is my favourite shade from MAX.Yet to own it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wawww!!!Nice Color!Love it!;-)
    http://www.les-folies-de-magalie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your lips make any color look fly!! Even though most mattes are drying I love the look of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwh your so kind, They do look great but I think I will be trying a different type of red from MAC, since I normally put gloss over my matte lipsticks. Thanks Rhonda :)

      Delete
  14. thanks for your comment! =)
    this colour is gorgeous!! looks great on your lips!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely colour!
    We pretty much have the same skin tone so I think I've finally found a colour that may work instead of making me look like I raided my mum's makeup box.. or a clown!

    great post!

    xoxo
    Chloe Polo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol your funny, yeah this lipstick is one of those that suit pretty much everybody :)

      Delete
  16. Everyone speaks so highly of Ruby Woo. I guess it's about time I give it a try. Beautiful color and it highlights the great shape of your lips!

    xx,

    Soraya, FWB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah well worth the try, Thanks SOJO :)

      Delete
  17. your lips are nice and full. how lovely :D -Loving Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  18. my sister swears by her ruby woo lipstick! i love red lips, so this is definitely on my list. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Want a summer scarf? Enter to win a $20 ScarvesDotNet Gift Certificate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its on everybody's wish list lol, thanks Mimi :)

      Delete
  19. I've heard/seen a lot of darker girls who love the Ruby Woo. Sometimes these red lipsticks don't show as well on darker-skinned girls so I will definitely give this a try!
    http://canneverbeaskinnybish.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I really love when my readers comment, so I try my best to respond to all questions. Please do not leave any offensive language such as swearing on this blog. Thank you for following,reading and commenting.

keep on buzzing for hair,beauty and fashion :)
Ana Queen Bee Xxx